Adelaide Central School of Art
Graduate Kickstart Award
Adelaide Central School of Art (ACSA) Graduate Kickstart Award provides a financial award of $1,000 for graduates of ACSA who are seeking to undertake activity that will contribute to the further development of their arts practice.
Graduates of the ACSA Bachelor of Visual Art and/or Bachelor of Visual Art (Honours) program are eligible to apply for a Graduate Kickstart Award in the first year following the completion of their studies.
The Graduate Kickstart Award is subject to a competitive assessment by a panel composed of ACSA staff, graduates, and external industry experts. A maximum of 3 Graduate Kickstart Awards will be awarded per round.
Graduates between one and five years following the completion of their studies are encouraged to apply for a Graduate Fellowship. Graduates more than five years out from the completion of their studies are encouraged to apply for a Scammells Major Grant.
* Graduates of the ACSA Bachelor of Visual Art and/or Bachelor of Visual Art (Honours) program are eligible to apply for a Graduate Kickstart Award in the first year following the completion of their studies
* Eligible graduates may only submit one application per round - multiple applications will not be considered
* Eligible graduates may only receive one Graduate Kickstart Award
* Current students are not eligible to apply for a Graduate Kickstart Award
* All application details must be completed.
The Graduate Kickstart Award is intended to support a wide range of activities, including:
* The production of new work
* Purchase of studio equipment or materials directly relating to the production of new work
* The presentation of new work (expenses may include gallery fees, hire of exhibition equipment, freight, framing.)
* Non-accredited training or skills development, such as mentorships or masterclasses
* Travel to participate in exhibitions, performances, or other significant outcomes
The following activities will not be considered for funding:
* Activities which have been completed before the commencement of the funding period
* Activities related to projects at Adelaide Central Gallery
* Activities which are undertaken for academic assessment
* Track record of achievement as a student of Adelaide Central School of Art
* Degree to which the proposed activity extends and challenges the graduate’s development as an emerging artist
* Quality, depth and ambition of the activity
* Context in which the activity is taking place
* Applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with the Graduate Support Program manager, Andrew Purvis, or other available ACSA administration staff member
* The Graduate Kickstart Award is an award; all successful applicants will receive a fixed amount ($1,000). A detailed financial budget is not required.
* The application is composed of two parts:
* A form. All fields and sections must be completed.
* An outline of the proposed activity. Either 1,000 words, accompanied by up to 15 images or a five minute video.
* Applications for the Graduate Kickstart Award are assessed twice per year.
* All decisions of the assessment panel are final.
* Successful applicants may be invited to sit on a subsequent Graduate Kickstart Award panel on a voluntary basis.
* Successful applicants are required to share documentation of ongoing or finalised activities related to their Graduate Kickstart Award for promotion through ACSA communications channels. No other formal acquittal is required.