Please ensure you are aware of the Extension Policy prior to submitting your application. The below text has been extracted from the Course Unit Assessment Policy
In the case where a student has been unable to complete the required work for assessment by the assessment deadline, a two-week extension of time may be sought.
- Extensions can only be granted based on medical, compassionate or extenuating circumstances and when supporting documentation (evidence) is provided.
- In the absence of supporting documentation, the application can be endorsed by the Student Liaison Officer (based on a student consultation or Study Support Plan).
- Minor difficulties, such as time management or competing priorities, are not sufficient grounds for an extension.
- Extensions are granted for a maximum period of two weeks. In exceptional circumstances, a student can apply for an additional extension. In such a case, a new Application for Extension must be lodged, and a maximum of two weeks can be granted.
- If work is not completed by the extended deadline but handed in after the extension due date, the work will be graded according to the policy outlined in 12: Penalties for Late Submission of Assessment Work.
- When an extension is granted at the end of semester and therefore delays the finalisation of the student’s grade for a semester unit, a Result Withheld will be recorded on the student management system until the grade is finalised.