The First Nations Student Scholarship supported by Ades Family Foundation provides financial assistance to an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student to support their studies in Bachelor of Visual Art (BVA) OR Bachelor of Visual Art (Honours).
Available to: Students commencing the BVA or BVA (Hons) at Adelaide Central School of Art
The recipient of the scholarship can allocate the funds as they require, either to tuition or supplies or living costs.
Duration: 1 year
Applications close: 8 Jan 2024
Applicants for the scholarship must:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and:
- provide a letter of confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity from an incorporated Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander organisation, OR
- complete the ‘Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Identity Declaration’ form
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be successful in obtaining a place in the BVA or BVA (Hons) (applicants can apply for their course and the scholarship at the same time)
It is a condition of the scholarship that the recipient enrols in and maintains at least 75% of the normal full-time study load. Please refer to the application form for the full list of conditions.
The Scholarship selection will be made based on demonstrated interest in visual art and commitment to studies.