Founded in 2011 by the New England Secondary School Consortium, the League of Innovative Schools (LIS) is a regional professional learning network for schools. Membership is open to any New England secondary school (grades 6-12)—including charter schools, private schools, and career-and-technical institutions—committed to educational equity, student-centered learning, ongoing improvement, and the goals and objectives of the New England Secondary School Consortium. All participating schools will become part of a growing network of learning institutions working to strengthen their programs, exchange professional expertise, and create better learning opportunities for their students through developing and refining effective practices, as outlined in Global Best Practices.
League of Innovative Schools membership is based on the belief that if we connect educators to spread good ideas, we can accelerate improvement in our schools. We are a network of schools who collaborate and support each other to ensure equitable outcomes.
Member schools’ benefits include:
- League of Innovative Schools Fall Conference
- Reduced conference registration available for the School Redesign in Action Conference
- LIS regional meeting in conjunction with the School Redesign in Action Conference.
- In-state League of Innovative Schools events (2 or more per year, per state)
- Principals’ Professional Learning Group
- School Visits
- Access to resources and materials from all past LIS conferences, webinars, and state events
While there is no cost to join the LIS and benefit from the learning community, state-level events, and virtual supports, there are fees for certain regional events and services. Please review the LIS Membership Benefits and Supports for further details.
Please complete the following information to activate your school's membership.