An employee approaches you to request time away from work and mentions that it’s related to a medical issue. Do you know what to do next? Handling employee leave requests can be tricky. In this webinar, we will examine key regulations, common issues, and employer best practices to help ensure that you’re taking the appropriate steps when it comes to managing employee leaves. We’ll also share practical, hands-on tactics for managing a leave request, managing the time off and, most important, preventing abuse.
Participants will learn about:
- The typical scenarios that qualify for employee leave
- The definition of a “serious health condition” under the FMLA
- What to do when the different leaves overlap
- How to manage FMLA requests, including intermittent and long-term leave
- Necessary notice and certification documentation for compliance
- The red flags of leave abuse, and when to intervene