• Competition is open to any singer who has completed or is in the process of completing an accredited music education.
• Applicants must have reached their 19th birthday and may not have reached their 31st birthday by the application deadline.
• Applicants must submit digital music file(s) containing two of the selections on the applicant's list of repertoire. Recordings must be accompanied by a this completed application form, an updated resume, current photo, and proof of date of birth.
Applicants must provide a program of the following selections:
- In the Young Artist category: 3 operatic arias in various styles and languages and one aria from standard oratorio.
- In the Student category: 2 art songs in various styles and languages, 1 operatic aria, and 1 aria from standard oratorio.
• Only singers who are seriously pursuing careers as vocal artists need apply.
• Each completed application form must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $65 made toMiddle Tennessee Choral Society.
• Information regarding housing, transportation, and performance dress will be included with semi-finalist notification.
• Afternoon recital attire is standard.