Minimum Sign-On Requirements:
The following are DD&S’s minimum requirements for all applicant-drivers to haul freight under its authority. While the comprehensive and abundant FMCSA regulations are the industry standard and an applicant may be a safe and qualified driver pursuant to the regulations, DD&S has elected to maintain higher standards than that of the industry as part of its continued commitment to safety.
As such, any applicant-driver must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 24 years of age.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with at least three (3) years of experience operating a tractor and trailer. Military driving experience may count in place of one (1) year with Class A CDL or toward (1) year of experience. These requirements may not apply to box trucks, yard movers, and similar equipment and are subject to review.
- No more than three (3) moving violations in the past three (3) years.
- No preventable accidents resulting in fatalities.
- No drug violations of any kind in the last 10 years. Beyond 10 years may still be reviewed.
- No DUIs (including implied consent/impairment) in any vehicle in previous five (5) years.
- Driving record does not demonstrate an excessive pattern of moving violations.
- No felonies or convictions involving the use of a commercial motor vehicle or other transportation related felonies.
- All other convictions will be subject to review by DD&S prior to qualification.
Specialized Heavy Haul:
- Driver must have three (3) years of verifiable over-the-road experience.
- Experience must include 12 months active driving, with similar equipment/trailer type to that which the applicant intends to pull.
Van & Legal Loads:
- Driver must have a minimum of two (2) years verifiable over-the-road experience.
To be approved with DD&S, you will also be required to provide and maintain proper levels and types of approved insurance during your lease. Unladen Liability and Occupational Accident coverage or, in some cases, statutory Workers’ Compensation coverage are mandatory. If you do not participate in the coverage provided through our 1st Guard program, you must show comparable Unladen Liability coverage and/or Occupational Accident coverage through acceptable insurance carriers. When statutory Workers’ Compensation coverage is required, you must provide your own coverage by licensed carriers with acceptable interstate coverage. DD&S can recommend you to a licensed provider upon request.