The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact, and that people can be infected while showing no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend being vaccinated against the virus, and, if unvaccinated, practicing social distancing and mask wearing.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time as responsibly as we can, Tau House has implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
We ask that Tau House group leaders inform all individuals who will be participants in your event to follow COVID-19 precautions that include, but are not limited to:
• Vaccination against the virus is strongly recommended, although not required to participate in our program;
• Face masks are recommended but not required for guests on the premises;
• Face masks are still required by many of our partner agencies and must be wore to volunteer sites;
• Masks should cover mouth, nose and chin, (excluding those unable to do so because of a medical condition);
• Self-monitoring for fever and other signs/symptoms of illness;
• Not attending the event: if feeling unwell, awaiting a COVID-19 test result, had close contact with an infected individual, or had close contact with an individual whsuspected of being infected; and
Tau House will operate with the following precautions:
• Notice of risk and need to self-monitor for illness will be posted at Tau House entrance;
• Staff will wear masks and wash hands frequently;
• There will be an increased focus on disinfection and sanitation of our facility.
While these precautions are wise, Franciscan Ministries’ Tau House cannot prevent you or your fellow participants from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in the Tau House program. Despite safety measures, it is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in the Tau House program you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself. I will take responsibility to be in compliance with state orders and requirements and Tau House precautions while participating in the Tau House program.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/LIABILITY: I hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against Franciscan Ministries’ Tau House and its owners, officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, or other representatives in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to participating in the Tau House program. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.
CHOICE OF LAW: I understand and agree that the law of the State of Ohio will apply to this contract.