- drawing/ painting the cartoon figure: students will learn to draw/paint their favorite cartoon characters from start to finish
- painting techniques in various media: watercolor, acrylics, oil, & tempera. Students will learn the essentials of composition, color theory, color blocking, underpainting and more.
-exploring pastels: students will explore the principles of color theory using this fun and versatile medium that mimics the art of painting
- Japanese anime, manga art: students will learn the Japanese style of cartooning known as Anime or Manga. Knowlege of manga drawing is also a useful tool in creating realistic figure drawings andin developing an understsanding of the complexities of foreshortening and the creation of figures in motion.
- mural painting: students will work together as a team to design and to create large scale paintings on canvas using acrylics
-the art of portraiture: students will learn scale, proportion, and effective tools for creating human faces.
- art history: students will learn about the work of such artists as Van Gogh, Mondrian, Monet & more. Students will then create artwork inspired by famous artists and their artististic genres.
-sculpture in paper mache: paper mache sculpting is both fun, messy, and extremely versatile.
- adventures in the 3rd dimension: students will create fun and imaginative projects using household items and objects from nature such as clothespins, toothpicks, popsicle sticks, wire, plastic bottles & more.
- shadow and line, the secrets of drawing: learn what it takes to create expressive line and shadows that result in sketches with 3-dimensionality.
- colored pencil drawing & more-
Students are encouraged to ask questions and are welcome to ask for assistance with independent projects. Students who would like to bring their own sketch books are free to do so. The instructor greatly appreciates a serious artist who wants to learn more.