The Girl Scout Silver Award™, the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn, gives you the chance to do big things and make your community better in the process.
This Final Report is to be used by you (and/or your team) – a registered Girl Scout Cadette in grades 6 to 8 – with the assistance of your troop/group leader, adult Girl Scout volunteer supervisor, and project advisor (optional; highly encouraged and strongly recommended) for approval of your Silver Award project.
Important note: You should only submit this Final Report form if you have completed your Silver Award project and are seeking final approval to earn the award. If you are at the beginning of the project/have not started yet and you are looking for the Project Proposal form, you can find it here: https://fs19.formsite.com/girlscoutsnorcal/xwprrlmxet/index. When you complete your project, you are required to submit a Final Report to our Council for review and approval. Final approval of the Silver Award is granted by GSNorCal staff only.
If you want to view all the Final Report questions prior to going through the form, you can find them here: Girl Scout Silver Award Final Report Instructions
This Silver Award Form is for the Girl Scouts of Northern California Council (GSNorCal). Please only submit it if you belong to this Council. This includes Girl Scouts who reside in the following counties in California: Alameda, Butte, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, Santa Clara, San Francisco, San Mateo, Shasta, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Tehama, and Trinity.
Not sure what Council you belong to? Use this tool: https://www.girlscouts.org/en/council-finder.html
How to complete this form:
- Read the Silver Award Final Report questions ahead of time and think about your answers.
- If you are working in a group, fill out Sections 1 and 2 together. Section 3 is for individual reflections. When Sections 1, 2, and 3 are completed then you’re ready to obtain the appropriate signatures in Section 4. The Final Report must be submitted with all four sections together.
Complete and submit the Silver Award Final Report Form. The Girl Scouts of Northern California council only accepts Final Reports electronically, via this form. Do not print and mail or email materials to us, they will not be received/accepted.
- Section 1: Share how your project went by updating your Project Proposal responses with a recap of your project. Include supplemental documentation of budget worksheet and money-earning forms if needed.
- Section 2: Outline how you shared your project and provide copies of photos, videos, flyers, and/or other evidence that documents the work you did. Include photo release forms if needed.
- Section 3: Complete your individual reflection, sharing what you learned along the way. Include your time log (required).
- Section 4: Signature page
A few friendly reminders:
- When the Silver Award project winds down, the outcome may not be exactly as planned. That’s OK! Girl Scouts earn the Silver Award as long as award requirements have been met. The most important outcomes are the ones you gain for yourself: improved confidence, better organization, stronger teamwork, and more. It’s less about the perfect final project and more about what you discover along the way!
- Finish your Silver Award Take Action™ project and Final Report by September 30 of the year you, or the oldest team member completes 8th grade!
- Keep a copy of this Final Report for your records.
Questions? Email email@example.com.