Eureka! scholars participate in a five-year STEM based program that begins with a 4-week summer camp for rising 8th grade girls. Eureka! builds girls' confidence and skills through hands-on programs featuring science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Eureka! fosters personal development and college and career readiness, promotes lasting relationships with peers and mentors, and encourages positive risk-taking. This program inspires educational, professional and personal growth.
When and Where:
Eureka! Summer Camp sessions will be held at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) School of Informatics and Computing, located at 535 W Michigan St, Indianapolis, IN 46202. Camp is June 17 - July 12 (Closed July 4), Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM*.
During the school year, Eureka! scholars meet monthly for workshops and field trips to maintain their connection with the program and peers. School year sessions will be held at the administrative office of Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, located at 3935 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46208.
School Year Sessions Schedule** (Sessions could be subject to change prior to program start):
- August 12 - November 1: One-on-one check ins
- Saturday, September 7: 10AM - 2PM
- Wednesday, September 18: 6PM - 8PM
- Wednesday, October 9: 6PM - 8PM
- Saturday, November 9: 10AM - 2PM
- Wednesday, December 11: 6PM - 8PM
- Saturday, January 11: 10AM - 2PM
- Wednesday, February 12: 6PM - 8PM
- Saturday, March 14: 10AM - 2PM
- Wednesday, April 8: 6PM - 8PM
- Saturday, May 9: 10AM - 2PM
- March 2 - May 1: Year Two Goal Setting
* All participants must attend 90% of summer camp sessions.
**All participants must attend 90% of school year sessions.