Research has shown that individuals who actively participate in group therapy gain the knowledge, skills, and support necessary to achieve long term Healthier Lives. Group therapy assists with basic life skills, healthy and effective communication skills, and helps form new relationships to support you as you sojourn in this life.
Group therapy has been proven to help with:
- Identifying and relating to others who have experienced similar situations or emotions that led to them being where they are.
- Promoting self-awareness through feedback and suggestions from other group members.
- Providing a “Safe Place” to learn and exchange information related to life’s experiences and develop new coping skills.
- Providing Structure and Consistency in the early days of your Healing Process.
- Instilling Hope…For There is HOPE!
As a participant of this Support & Group Ministry, I agree to abide by the following:
- Regular and timely attendance is expected.
- It is an expectation that each member:
- Attends as many sessions as possible for the maximum benefit;
- Remains open-minded so as to hear what is most needed for them;
- Stays focused on themselves and not others.
- Participants are encouraged to actively participate in the group by sharing personal experiences, providing positive feedback to others and completing and returning any assigned exercises.
- Participants will treat matters that occur in the group with The Utmost Confidentiality. “Whatever is Said in The Group, Stays in The Group!”
- If needed, facilitators may meet privately with any individual after group.
- Mutual Respect is absolutely necessary in all our interactions.
- Each participant has a unique reason for seeking our Support. No One Can Truly Know How Someone Else Feels Unless They Are Willing To Share.
- Not abiding by any of these standards may result in you being asked to leave.