DR. F. BRUCE WILLIAMS SCHOLARSHIP FOR CONTINUED EDUCATION APPLICATION
2023 Post-Secondary Students Only
Applicants are encouraged to attend the Scholarship Informational Session scheduled for Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 11 AM at the Men of Bates building (610 E. Breckinridge Street). This session will provide guidance on completing the Bates scholarship applications.
Named after Pastor Dr. F. Bruce Williams as a reflection of his passion for education, this scholarship is academically-based, and positioned so that adults continuing their education can gain encouragement towards pursuing their academic goals. Minimum required cumulative GPA is 2.50.
Carefully review the instructions below:
A Complete Dr. F. Bruce Williams Scholarship Application Packet MUST Contain:
● Completed and Signed Dr. F. Bruce Williams Scholarship Application Form
● Completed Checklist for the desired scholarship
● Typed Essay
● OFFICIAL Transcript
● One Recommendation Letter
● Proof of Enrollment in a Post-Secondary Institution
Official transcripts are to be sent in a secure email by the school's registrar office or through a third-party electronic credentials service (e.g. Parchment) to email@example.com. If official transcripts cannot be emailed, official sealed transcripts must be mailed by the school's registrar office or a third-party electronic credentials service to:
Bates Memorial Baptist Church
ATTN: Director of Christian Education
620 Lampton Street
Louisville, KY 40203
One non-family recommendation letter is required to complete your application. The recommender should be an employer, community/public service organization leader, ministry leader, education professional (teachers, counselors, principals, etc.), mentor, or coach. A letter written on letterhead is preferred. The recommendation letter should include the following information:
● Description of the recommender's relationship with the applicant
● Description of the applicant's abilities, qualities, and characteristics
● Description of the applicant's accomplishments or achievements
● Summary or why the recommender is making a recommendation on behalf of the applicant
The recommendation letter must be emailed directly from the recommender's email address to the Director of Christian Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include, "RE: Bates Scholarship Recommendation" in the subject line of the email.
All Scholarship Application information is to be submitted electronically. Please contact the Bates Director of Christian Education at email@example.com if you need to submit a complete packet in an alternate way. All required documents for The Bates Scholarship packets MUST BE RECEIVED VIA EMAIL (or in the Administrative Office at Bates Memorial Baptist Church, 620 Lampton Street) NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MAY 3, 2023 at 4PM.
● You must be a member of Bates Memorial Baptist Church to apply for any scholarship
● Incomplete applications will not be considered for any scholarship
● Finalists may be asked to meet briefly with the Scholarship Committee
● Applicants can apply for all applicable scholarships, but will ONLY be awarded ONE scholarship
● Please make sure you have reviewed and verified the applicable Scholarship Checklist for this submission and you have attached your essay and proof current enrollment in a post-secondary institution with this application before you click SUBMIT
● Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the Bates Marks of Excellence Ceremony on Friday, June 2, 2023.
● If awarded a scholarship, you must provide proof of enrollment to a post-secondary institution for Fall 2023 and the address of the institution's financial aid office. This information must be submitted to the Director of Christian Education by August 31, 2023. Failure to provide this information by August 31, 2023 will result in forfeiture of the award.