The mission of the Horizon in EMS Education Award is to recognize an EMS educator who has one to three years of education experience and consistently demonstrates his/her commitment to providing high quality, hyper-realistic and professional education for their students.
The nominees will be considered based on the following criteria. Your statement should include information on how the nominee demonstrates:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom, lab and field;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- One to three year educators who offer strong long-range potential for professional and policy leadership; and
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues and the community;
- Contributes and participates in the development and application of new simulation and education content that expands the body and quality of EMS curriculum;
- Continually seeks to find and learn new simulation techniques, styles and best practices.
This funding provides hotel, airfare and a full 3-day registration to attend the conference.