(C) Registration Day
1. There is a non-refundable $200 entrance fee due upon registration via cash or check.
2. Team or Car Name changes must be updated by registration day. No changes will be accepted after April 22nd.
3. Teams invited to the final registration and end up on the waiting list will be notified if a spot opens up. Your $200 entrance fee must be received in a timely manner to secure your team’s slot, or your slot will be given to the next qualifying team.
(D) Derby Rules
1. All efforts must be made to avoid contact with other cars while underway. Intentional bumping/rubbing is prohibited. Malicious contact may warrant a DQ.
2. All members of your team must be at least 21 years of age including your volunteer
3. Each team can have up to 5 members including your pusher.
4. There must be at least one member from your team in your pit stall at all times. The Pit Boss will come by your stall once to call you up for your next race. If you miss your call and not queued up on time your team will not race that heat.
5. If your team misses a heat, a time of 3 minutes will be entered for your team for that heat.
6. Each team gets a 10yd push at the start by one designated pusher. If your designated pusher steps over the start line, you will be disqualified from entering your time for that heat.
7. If your gravity car is not free rolling by the time you hit the “Redline”, located approximately 150 ft. from the Finish Line, (distance is up to the race officials), your car will be disqualified. A timely race is essential.
8. Each car can have a maximum of 3 people race in your car. Your pusher can not race if pushing for that heat. No one can jump in the car after the race has started.
9. No music, horns, water cannons, contact with any other cars, or any disruptive activates will be allowed in the 10yd push zone.
10. Liquid water is the only acceptable weapon allowed after the 10yd push zone. Balloons are accepted. The 10yd push zone pavement must remain dry to allow fair starts.
11. No pyrotechnics, fire, fireworks, candy, ice, soapy water or anything that can cause a dangerous track may be thrown from your car at any time while on the track and racing –or- in the pits.
12. None of that James Bond horseshit. No smoke, chalk, mirror or vision dimming hijinx. We aren't super-villains, and we know where you're going, so no super-spy crap.
13. Each team will race at least 3 heats. Scoring will average your bracketed best 2 of 3 times to qualify you for pre-lims.
14. Each team must have a designated sober driver and remain that way until your team is finished racing.
15. Each team is expected to clean up after themselves. Pack out all waste!
16. Each person racing in a car must have a helmet securely attached to his/her head. A full face helmet is recommended but not required.
17. Each team member including your pusher and volunteer must sign a liability waiver on race day. Participate at your own risk.
18. Each team will be given a ballot to vote for their favorite nominees in whichever catagories are provided. This is a community event and prize winners are chosen by this community of racers. Vote dammit!