Guidelines of your gravity car:
*We reserve the right to make car specifications or rule changes at anytime
No Pinewood Derby Cars or parts, please. Let's see what you've got Portland, and get creative!
Specifications of your car:
1. Maximum Width including Wheels: 7" (seven inches)
2. Minimum Width including Wheels: 4" (four inches)
3. Maximum Length: 9" (nine inches)
4. Minimum Length: 5" (five inches)
5. Height (tall): 8" (eight inches)
6. UPDATED! Weight: Maximum 3 lbs (three pounds)
7. Minimum of 3 wheels (three wheels)
After our test runs we have increased the weight limit to 3 lbs.
1. 3 (three) wheels must be in contact with the track at all times.
2. No remote steering.
3. Gravity Powered ONLY.
4. Your Car Number must be placed on each side of your car. Half Dollar size is suggested. (you will be emailed your car number by our racer coordinater, Dawn, once you complete your registration)
The budget allowed to spend on your car is $50.00. We'd like to keep our race at a reasonable budget to enhance creativity.
As of now, other than the specifications above, the sky is the limit on your creativity! We welcome everyone to participate in this one of kind, fundraiser, Shoebox Race.