ISSI Orientation Program - Summer and Fall 2014
*this is an unpaid, volunteer position*
Thank you for your interest in becoming an ISSI Student Leader for the Summer and Fall 2014 semester! We strongly encourage any student (international or U.S. Citizen) who is interested in this position to apply. As an ISSI Student Leader, you will coordinate and execute various logistical pieces for the ISSI orientation program and assist with various activities. Most importantly, you will be responsible for helping new international students transition smoothly to Northeastern University.
• Candidates must have completed at least one semester of classes at Northeastern to be eligibile.
• Candidates MUST be available to attend the mandatory training on August 21 and 22, and MUST be available to assist with the first week of orientation (August 25 through 29) to be eligibile.
• Candidates MUST be familiar with on campus resources.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to consider alumni for this position.
• No previous experience is necessary, but some demonstrated experience working on a team and or leadership is helpful.
• Candidates must have a flexible schedule as evening and weekend hours are needed.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to consider students who will be on co-op in the summer 2 and fall 2014 semesters.
DUTIES - Responsibilities will vary, but may include:
• Representing the international community here at Northeastern
• Assisting with mandatory International Student Check-In
• Providing campus tours
• Assisting with event and activity organization and logistics
• Facilitating or participating in informative sessions for new international students
• Assisting with ISSI trips and activities on evenings and weekends
• Helping new international students to adapt to a new cultural, social, and academic environment
• Final date to submit an application: March 24, 2014.
• Applicants will be notified of their candidate status on March 28, 2014.
• ISSI Student Leaders are encouraged to attend the ISL Dinner on April 11, 2014, but not required.
• Mandatory training: Thursday, August 21 AND Friday, August 22, 2014. Time and location TBD, but will likely be held in the late/afternoon or evening of those two days.*
(Applicants unable to attend these training sessions or the first days of orientation will not be considered. We will try and arrange early move in if you live on campus.)
• Tentative ISSI Orientation dates: Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, September 5, 2014*
*These details will be confirmed over the course of my correspondence with you over the spring and summer semester and/or during the ISSI Student Leader Training on August 21 and 22.
Applicants new to the ISSI Student Leader experience will be asked to attend an interview session during the week of March 17. The ISSI will reach out to those candidates upon reviewing their applications.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail Amy at email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application.
International Student and Scholar Institute