*Must be available for Fall 2015 Orientation, starting on August 25th, 2015
Thank you for your interest in becoming an ISSI Student Leader for the 2015-2016 academic year! We strongly encourage any undergraduate student (international or U.S. Citizen) who is interested in this position to apply. As an ISSI Student Leader, you will coordinate and execute various logistical pieces for the ISSI orientation and cultural programs throughout the year. Most importantly, you will be responsible for helping new international students transition smoothly to Northeastern University.
• Candidates must have completed at least one semester of classes at Northeastern to be eligibile.
• Candidates MUST be available to attend the mandatory training from August 26th to 28th, and MUST be available to assist with the first week of orientation (August 31st - September 4th) to be eligibile.
• Candidates MUST be familiar with on campus resources.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to consider alumni or graduate students for this position.
• Demonstrate experience working on a team and or leadership.
• Candidates must have a flexible schedule as evening and weekend hours are needed.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to consider students who will be on co-op in the summer 2 and fall 2015 semesters.
DUTIES - Responsibilities will vary, but may include:
• Representing the international community here at Northeastern
• Assisting with mandatory International Student Check-In
• Providing campus tours
• Assisting with event and activity organization and logistics
• Facilitating or participating in informative sessions for new international students
• Assisting with ISSI trips and activities on evenings and weekends
• Helping new international students to adapt to a new cultural, social, and academic environment
• Final date to submit an application: April 15th, 2015.
• Applicants will be notified of their candidate status on April 20th, 2015.
• Mandatory training: Wednesday, August 26th TO Friday, 28th, 2015. Time and location TBD.*
(Applicants unable to attend these training sessions or the first days of orientation will not be considered. We will try and arrange early move in if you live on campus.)
• Tentative ISSI Orientation dates: Monday, August 31st, 2014 - Friday, September 4th, 2015*
*These details will be confirmed over the course of my correspondence with you over the spring and summer semester and/or during the ISSI Student Leader Training on August 25th and 26th.
Applicants new to the ISSI Student Leader experience will be asked to attend an interview session during the week of April 20th. The ISSI will reach out to those candidates upon reviewing their applications.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail Kristen at email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application.
International Student and Scholar Institute - Student Support and Programming