Respirator Training Quiz
Choose the best answer to each question.
1. Why would one wear a respirator?
To comply with federal work regulations.
To scare people on Halloween
To protect one’s lungs from damaging chemicals or particulates.
2. Which type of respirator should be used in an oxygen-deficient atmosphere?
3. Why is it so important to protect the lungs and airways?
It isn’t important.
Breathing exercises the chest muscles.
Exchange of CO2 for oxygen is vital, and lung tissue is delicate
4. Name three classes of respiratory hazard.
Tuberculosis, oxygen-enriched atmosphere and toxic chemicals
Oxygen deficiency, toxic contaminants and biological agents.
Cyanide, ammonia and gasoline vapors.
5. Why do we have respirator training?
DEA suggests it to avoid accidentally inhaling cocaine or heroin.
EPA recommends it to counter air pollution.
OSHA requires that training be provided to workers whose jobs require them to use and maintain respirators
6. When should a respirator user do a fit check?
Each time the user puts on the respirator.
Before the annual fit test.
All of the above.
7. What determines which type of respirator should be used?
Whatever the employer has available.
What feels best on the employee.
The Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) of the contaminant to be protected against.
8. There are different types of filter cartridges to use, depending on the contaminant.
9. Which passes or fails the fit test?
The respirator itself.
The respirator user
10. A respirator user must be clean shaven where the mask seals to the face because______
The regulator writers had a thing against beards.
Facial hair, even stubble, creates gaps that allow contaminated air to pass through and harm the user.
It doesn’t matter, so the user might as well look neat