Examples of eligible expenses
• Professional development of an artist (e.g. workshop, conference, residency)
• Rental or purchase of materials that further the applicant's project
• Promotional and marketing materials (i.e. design and printing of posters, flyers, programs, etc.)
Examples of ineligible expenses
• Tuition and cost-of-living expenses for matriculated students in any degree program
• Projects in which fundraising is a primary purpose
• Paid advertising (e.g. newspaper, radio, broadcast tv, social media, etc.)
Public Benefit Requirement
The Arts Commission receives its funds from the City of Ellensburg. Because of this, artists and organizations funded through this program must provide public benefit to the citizens of the City of Ellensburg. The following are examples of services that meet the public benefit:
• Free/discounted admissions to project event: performances, exhibitions, workshops, screenings, readings, etc.
• Free distribution of resources and publications to residents of the city of Ellensburg.
Applications are reviewed by the Ellensburg Arts Commission for eligibility, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. The Ellensburg Arts Commission, comprised of seven Commissioners, will select and recommend the most highly qualified projects for funding based on the following criteria:
- Experience of the applicant to execute the project: This can be demonstrated in past work, in a resume, or narrative.
- The public benefit of the project: This can be demonstrated by projected attendees, the visibility of the project, and/or other means.
- Artistic excellence: This can be demonstrated by work samples and/or resume of experience and awards.
- Budget feasibility: This can be demonstrated by an articulated budget of the project, clearly identifying the income sources and expenses, including the amount requested of the EAC.
Once accepted, recipients receive funds through reimbursement. To apply for reimbursement a recipient must submit an invoice, originals of receipts, and an IRS W-9 with tax ID or social security number. At the project’s end, a final report is required clearly stating how funds were spent and assessing the success of the project. Funds must be spent and invoiced by December 31, 2022, in accordance with the details outlined in the award agreement.
There are four parts to this application. Please complete all parts via the online application and press submit. You will receive an email verification that your application was submitted.
Send an email to - email@example.com.