The City of Ellensburg is committed to responding to all requests for identifiable public records in a timely manner. To make a Request for Disclosure of Public Records including an Ellensburg Police Department (EPD) report, manual or other city record, complete the following form.
Submit this form one of the following ways:
• Complete and submit this form online.
• Print and complete this form then mail, fax or hand deliver to either EPD or City Hall.
For EPD requests, complete and mail or hand deliver to: 100 N. Pearl St., Ellensburg, WA 98926.
Requests other than EPD may be mailed or hand delivered to: 501 N. Anderson St., Ellensburg, WA 98926.
Walk-in requests are welcome at City Hall or the Ellensburg Police Department, location dependent on your records request, during business hours, Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM.
COST FOR PUBLIC RECORDS
There is no fee for inspecting public records. Should you wish to receive copies of records, the fees are as follows:
• Printed copies - $.15 per page (Per RCW 42.56.120)
• Other media such as disks will cost $1.00 per disk.
Payments by cash, check or money order only (no credit cards) payable to the “City of Ellensburg”.
RESPONSE FOR REQUESTS
You will receive a reply to your request within five business days of receipt of the request to:
• Make the records available for inspection or copying.
• Provide a reasonable estimate when records will be available.
• Contact requestor to request clarification.
• Deny the request citing the reason for denial.
Any records or portion of records that are exempt from disclosure will be withheld or redacted. We will specify the exemption that applies to any documents withheld or redaction made.
Common exemptions: See RCW 42.56 , RCW 10.97, RCW 13.50, RCW 46.52
Records Index - There is no single index of City records. The City of Ellensburg has determined that maintaining a central index of City records is unduly burdensome, costly, and would interfere with City police operations due to the number and complexity of records generated as a result of the wide range of police activities.