Below are the 7 ministry areas, keep in mind that ALL POSITIONS will help serve and clean up the dining hall for each meal, and will help to clean bunkhouses between camps.This is a brief description of the primary responsibilities in the 7 ministry areas:
1. Maintenance - Makes sure the campus looks great, replenishes water stations, and removes trash on campus. The maintenance crew is not for the faint of heart. Members of this team provide water around camp throughout the day and collect trash bags as well as responding to bunkhouses in the case of plumbing issues. They rarely stop moving, but the work they do is vital to camp life. If you’re a service-minded, self-motivated individual and like working with your hands, this staff is for you!
2. Health Tech - MUST BE 18+ Makes sure our campers’ medical needs are covered by responding to any injuries or illness. Members of this staff are responsible for diagnosing and treating minor injuries, organizing and administering medications, and maintaining camper records throughout the summer. If you are a caring, detail-oriented individual and have an interest in the medical field, consider applying to join our staff today!
3. Food Service - Serve alongside other aspiring chefs to prepare and serve scrumptious meals to a multitude of guests. Members of this staff assist with dish washing, general kitchen clean-up, stocking meal supplies, and food preparation. Team work is an absolute must as staffers manage the varied day-to-day kitchen activities. If you feel at home in the kitchen, enjoy working with others, and are ready to feed the hungry, consider joining our food service staff today!
4. Recreation - Our rec staff facilitates the Hexapod challenge course and outdoor ranges - BB guns, archery, and jellyball. They lifeguard at the pool and waterfront and run other rec activities. This position is almost entirely an outdoor job and gets a lot of interaction with the students that come through our camp. If you are an outdoor person who loves to build relationships with students to minister, this is the job for you!
5. Retail/Sales - The sales and merchandise staff runs the concession stand and gift shop. Members of this ministry team are expected to keep inventory, restock, work the register, maintain cleanliness in the concession stand and gift shop, design fun and interesting displays, and interact with campers with a friendly smile and encouraging words. If you consider yourself organized and enjoy self-directed work and lots of interaction with campers, consider our Retail/Sales staff!
6. Media/Production -This team is responsible for telling the camp story through video, photography, and worship arts. Our summer staff receives intense training and hands-on field experience and are held to high standards of performance. It is best if members have previous expereince in these areas. On a daily basis, we upload hundreds of digital photos to our website galleries and produce camp videos to be shown in morning worship sessions. This year we will also begin to display IMAG and will need stafferrs on camera during services. If you have experience with media arts, have a positive attitude, and want to use your creative gifts to honor God, choose the Media Team!
7. Guest Services/House Keeping -This team is responsible for making sure that our camp stays clean and welcoming. Members of this ministry team will be in charge of overseeing bunkhouse operations, particularly helping with any house keeping needs they may request, ensuring bathrooms remain clean and stocked. Members may also assist other teams with set up and tear down at various times when needed. This team is a jack of all trades and will be leading by example of what servant leadership looks like through ensuring the comfort and cleanliness of our camp and its guests.