This is a brief description of the primary responsibilities in the 7 ministry areas:
1. Maintenance - Makes sure the campus looks great, replenishes water stations, and removes trash on campus. The maintenance crew is not for the faint of heart. Members of this team provide water around camp throughout the day and collect trash bags as well as responding to bunkhouses in the case of plumbing issues. They rarely stop moving, but the work they do is vital to camp life. If you’re a service-minded, self-motivated individual and like working with your hands, this staff is for you!
2. Health Tech - Makes sure our campers’ medical needs are covered by responding to any injuries or illness. Members of this staff are responsible for diagnosing and treating minor injuries, organizing and administering medications, and maintaining camper records throughout the summer. If you are a caring, detail-oriented individual and have an interest in the medical field, consider applying to join our staff today!
3. Food Service - Serve alongside other aspiring chefs to prepare and serve scrumptious meals to a multitude of guests. Members of this staff assist with dish washing, general kitchen clean-up, stocking meal supplies, and food preparation. Team work is an absolute must as staffers manage the varied day-to-day kitchen activities. If you feel at home in the kitchen, enjoy working with others, and are ready to feed the hungry, consider joining our food service staff today!
4. Recreation - Our rec staff facilitates the Hexapod challenge course and outdoor ranges - BB guns, archery, and paintball. They lifeguard at the pool and waterfront and runs other rec activities. As a part of this staff, team members also contribute to maintaining the cleanliness of camp on a daily basis, through morning room checks and total turnover at the end of each camp. If you enjoy social interaction, love the outdoors and can scrub a toilet, this staff is right for you!
5. Retail/Sales - The sales and merchandise staff runs the Porch - concession stand - and gift shop. Members of this ministry team are expected to keep inventory, restock, work the register, maintain cleanliness in the concession stand and gift shop, design fun and interesting displays, and interact with campers with a friendly smile and encouraging words. If you consider yourself organized and enjoy self-directed work and lots of interaction with campers, consider our Retail/Sales staff!
6. Media/Production -This team is responsible for telling the camp story through video, photography, and worship arts. Our summer staff receives intense training and hands-on field experience and are held to high standards of performance. On a daily basis, we upload hundreds of digital photos to our website galleries and produce camp videos to be shown in morning worship sessions. If you have experience with media arts, have a positive attitude, and want to use your creative gifts to honor God, choose the Media Team!
7. Guest Services -This team is responsible for making sure guest needs are met. Members of this ministry team will be in charge of overseeing bunkhouse operations and leading teams to ensure the camp is ready for all campers and guests. Members will also be setting up some of our major events that we host in the summer, as well as, helping the flow of the front of the house in the dining hall during meals. This team will be the face of the camp, accommodating guest needs as they arise, replenishing and replacing things within bunkhouses and private areas as needed. This team is a jack of all trades and will be leading by example of what servant leadership looks like.
ALL TEAMS will be involved in the daily serving of meals to campers and in maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of camp in some capacity.