2018 Homeschool Family Expo
Saturday, March 10, 2018
10:00am - 4:00pm
Well-spoken, reliable, organized individuals needed for 30-minute sessions. Limited opportunities.
An example of most-wanted topics include:
Homeschool 101 / Basics / Getting Started with Homeschooling (legal requirements for TX, homeschooling methods, how to’s, etc.)
Homeschooling – from Surviving to Thriving (Help keep homeschool families afloat by introducing planning tools, motivation, ideas for re-igniting the fire/passion for homeschooling and making school “exciting” for all grades)
Curriculum Reboot – Do you know curriculum? Help families learn about some of the various curriculum options and the various ways students learn.)
Homeschool Projects & Opportunities - Come prepared to talk with our guests about the various project opportunities in the world of Texas homeschooling - science fair, writing contests, home-created projects, science museum groups, etc.)
Homeschool Thru High School Expert Panel – We’re looking for 4 adults who are knowledgeable on a topic relevant to families homeschooling through high school (curriculum, transcripts, course planning, college entrance exams, college touring, scholarships & grants, senior photos, jobs & volunteer opportunities, graduation & prom). Entire panel will serve at a table together from 11:00am – 2:00pm. No formal speeches required; you’ll be on hand to answer walk-up questions from families.
We’d love to hear your ideas. Please tell us what you’d like to speak about! If you have a great story to tell, or advice/tips/encouragement for homeschool families, here are a few tips and guidelines to give you an idea of what we’re looking for.
We’re looking for speakers who:
- Have a homeschooling success story to tell and a passion for sharing your knowledge with other homeschooling families.
- Help solve common homeschooling challenges
- Provide clear successful homeschooling cases, best practices, teachings and how-to’s
- Can highlight a homeschooling “hack” (a tip or trick such as “Use this tactic to increase morale in your homeschool.” Or “Foolproof ways to motivate your homeschooler.” Or “Successful Planning Tools for a successful year.” Etc.
- Focus and/or highlight a specific homeschooling resource / philosophy and how you are using it
- Can cover other issues that might not be directly related to homeschooling such as “Holistic Health for your Homeschooling Family”
PERKS: Free lunch, If you have a business, include your info in our bags for free, PLUS get half off your Exhibitor Booth fees.
Now that you have an idea of what we’re looking for, here are a few helpful tips for crafting your speaker submission so that you get considered to speak.
- What problem are you solving?
- What’s your general message?
- Who is your general audience (new homeschoolers, etc.)
- What is the take-away or action item the attendee walks away with?